Search for the next Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics, University of the Philippines Mindanao
The term of the current dean of the College of Science and Mathematics, Dr. Antonio R. Obsioma will end on 09 December 2007. Chancellor Gilda R. Rivero has formed a search committee to recommend nominees and candidates for the position.
Who may be nominated?
The following minimum qualifications must be possessed by those nominated:
- Commitment to academic freedom and the values and ideals of the University.
- Distinction or outstanding academic credentials in the nominee’s chosen field of expertise which should be along the lines of the CSM’s disciplines or fields.
- Filipino citizen.
- Leadership qualities and administrative or managerial capability.
- Must be willing to serve.
- Must consider resource generation an important function of the position.
|September 18th to
October 4th, 2007
|Announcement of nomination for the College of Science and Math [CSM] Dean through UP Mindanao webpage, bulletin boards around UP Min Campus and local newspapers|
|October 5th, 2007||Deadline of submission of nomination to the CSM Search Committee including his/her plans for CSM and acceptance of nominee to serve as Dean|
|October 8th, 2007||2nd meeting of CSM Search Committee|
|October 8th to 15th, 2007||Public posting of the Nominee’s plans for the CSM as well as his/her achievements/credentials|
|October 16th, 2007||A Forum: presentation of the Plans for CSM by the nominee followed by consultations with CSM Faculty, REPS and students
Venue to be arranged later at CSM Bldg.
|October 24th, 2007||Final CSM Search Committee Meeting|
|October 26th, 2007||Submission of FINAL Report of the CSM Search Committee to the Chancellor|
-CSM Dean Search Committee 2007
UP in Mindanao