I’ve been very busy the past weeks because of our final examinations in medical school. Since it’s Friday today, and absolutely no classes tomorrow, though a more exams are waiting still for us next week, I just stole a short time to prepare myself for the 2011 Earth Hour tomorrow, March 26, 2011 at exactly 8:30 PM in the evening.
What to do on that said 8:30 PM? Oh well, just simply turn off the lights for just an hour, or maybe, not just the light, but if possible all the electric appliance for an hour. You might ask why need to turn off lights for even just an hour? Simply, to take a stand against climate change.
Aside from turning the lights off for an hour tomorrow, there’s a lot of ways that one can do:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 26 2011 wherever you are in the world and sign up to let us know you will be taking part.
- Run your own Earth Hour event, street or house party with friends and family. Add your event to our Global Meetup Map.
- Take Earth Hour beyond the Hour by taking action for the planet and telling us all about it.
- Tell the world through social media, or add our tools and downloads to your blogs and websites.
- Encourage your local government or community groups to run earth Hour in your region.
- Rally your office or business to get involved.
- Make a Lantern and send it your friends
Are you ready now to turn your lights for an hour tomorrow?